This beautiful Pineapple Upside-Down Bundt Cake is a feast for the eyes and the palate.…
This pretty Nectarine and Blueberry Upside Down Cake is super moist, tender, and delicious. Perfect for tea time or dessert!
Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a good weekend. We had a lovely time as the weather was sunny and dry and we were able to do some fun activities outdoors. We also met up with some “old” friends and I made this summery Nectarine and Blueberry Upside Down Cake for our gathering.
Peaches and nectarines are in season right now but there are still lots of berries around. I really like the idea of combining nectarines and blueberries in a dish as they are not only delicious together but the color contrast is so striking. Instead of mixing the fruits together, I arrange the fruits at the bottom of the pan and made an upside down cake. The juicy fruits and addition of sour cream made the cake very moist. Spelt flour provided a tender crumb.
- Grease and flour a deep 8-inch (20cm) diameter round baking pan. Arrange sliced nectarines in a circle on the outer perimeter of pan. Place ½ cup (60g) blueberries in the middle.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add vanilla and then eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Beat in dry mixture and sour cream alternately on low to medium speed until just combined. Fold in the rest of the blueberries and pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in a 350°F (180°C) oven for 60 minutes.
- Let cake stand in pan for 5 minutes. Invert cake onto plate keeping plate and pan firmly pressed together. Replace any fruit stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Serve cake at room temperature.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎