Rich and moist Banana Coconut Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting, perfectly satisfying for mid-morning snack…
This fragrant and moist Orange Coconut Cake with Orange Frosting is a winner. The flavors of orange and coconut are simply delightful together.
This Orange Coconut Cake with Orange Frosting is a cake I have not made in a while. With the abundance of oranges at this time of the year, it is time to revisit the recipe adapted from the Australian Women’s Weekly Cookbook on Cakes & Slices. They have some really delicious recipes in there and I especially like this one with orange and coconut that combine so well together. This cake does not last long at our house.
Even though I am not much of a frosting person, I have say the frosting makes the cake. It lends a fresh orangey taste to the cake that makes it totally yummy. I highly recommend it.
Orange Coconut Cake with Orange Frosting
- 1 tbsp butter (softened) (14g)
- 1¼ cup powdered sugar (160g)
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- Combine milk and coconut and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Grease and flour a 9"x5" loaf pan. In a medium bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir to get well mixed. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place butter and sugar in a large bowl. Beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time until combined. Add orange zest and pour in half of the coconut mixture and half of the flour. Stir to mix. Add the remaining coconut mixture and flour and stir until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, remove and cool on wire rack.
- For the orange frosting, combine butter, powdered sugar, and orange juice in a medium sized bowl. Stir until it forms a spreadable consistency.
- When cake is completely cooled, spread the top of the cake with frosting. Decorate with orange wedges, if desired.
And now for some updates…..
I am so excited to tell you that I received a Panasonic FZ35 camera with a food mode for Valentine’s Day from Ro-Ri San. I have been having too much fun taking all these food pictures with my new camera and even brought my cake out for an “airing” in the snow.
I also wanted to show you the huge amount of snow we have here in Minnesota in February. This is our front porch with tons of snow raked down from the roof.
Our driveway is lined with 3 feet high snow piles on both sides and that huge mound at the end of the driveway is about 5 feet high.
The mailbox is barely peeking out of the pile of snow around it. Some of the mailboxes in the neighborhood are totally buried with just the front showing so that the mail person can still stick mail into it.
Enough of the snow. Time to cut the cake for the boys who have been waiting patiently. 🙂
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎