This easy Minced Pork Fried Rice with cauliflower, carrots, zucchini, and green peas will soon be a favorite at your house. Less than 30 minutes to prepare.
It is midweek and I need a quick fix for the lunch boxes. Something easy but can still satisfy three large appetites. Time to cook the Ro-Ri household perennial favorite, Minced Pork Fried Rice. This also gives me a chance to use up that half pack of minced pork left in the refrigerator.
A Tried and Tested Recipe
I have cooked this Minced Pork Fried Rice many, many times as my boys really like it. I got the idea of adding cauliflower in fried rice from my Mom. She makes a really delicious fried rice with ground chilies, dried shrimp, cauliflower, and green peas. Cauliflower is a great vegetable to use as it will not make the rice soggy. Together with carrots, zucchini, and green peas, there is a nice mix of colors in this fried rice. These vegetables are also easily available and I always have them in the fridge.
Tools Used in Making This Minced Pork Fried Rice
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
For more tools and products used in my kitchen, please check out Roti n Rice’s Amazon Page.
- ½ lb minced pork / ground pork (225g)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup cauliflower (cut into thin slices) (120g)
- 1 small carrot (diced)
- 1 small zucchini (diced)
- ½ cup frozen green peas (75g)
- 3 cups cooked white rice (preferably kept overnight)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Marinade minced/ground pork with 1 tablespoon soy sauce and ground pepper for 10 minutes.
- In a large non-stick pan, heat vegetable oil. Add minced pork. Using spatula, break minced pork into chunks. Allow meat to brown.
- Stir in minced garlic. Then add cauliflower, carrots, and zucchini. Stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add frozen peas and continue to stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add cooked rice, salt, pepper, and remaining 2 tablespoon soy sauce. Stir to get everything well mixed and cook until rice is dry and fluffy. This will take 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately.
NOTE: This post was updated on April 9th, 2013 with new pictures. No changes were made to the recipe.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎