It is midweek and I need a quick fix for the lunch boxes. Something easy but can still satisfy three large appetites. Time to cook the Ro-Ri household perennial favorite, Minced Pork Fried Rice. This also gives me a chance to use up that half pack of minced pork left in the refrigerator.
I have cooked this Minced Pork Fried Rice many, many times as my boys really like it. I got the idea of adding cauliflower in fried rice from my Mom. She makes a really delicious fried rice with ground chilies, dried shrimp, cauliflower, and green peas. Cauliflower is a great vegetable to use as it will not make the rice soggy. Together with carrots, zucchini, and green peas, there is a nice mix of colors in this fried rice. These vegetables are also easily available and I always have them in the fridge.
- ½ lb (450g) minced pork
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (120g) finely sliced cauliflower
- 1 small carrot, finely diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- ½ cup (75g) frozen green peas
- 3 cups cooked white rice (preferably kept overnight)
- Salt and pepper
- Marinade minced pork with 1 tbsp soy sauce and pepper for 10 minutes.
- In a large non-stick pan, heat canola oil. Add minced pork. Using spatula, break minced pork into chunks. Allow meat to brown.
- Stir in minced garlic. Then add cauliflower, carrots, and zucchini. Cook for a couple of minutes. Add frozen peas and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add rice, salt, pepper, and remaining 2 tablespoon soy sauce. Stir to get everything well mixed and cook until rice is dry and fluffy. This will take 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately.
NOTE: This post was updated on April 9th, 2013 with new pictures. No changes were made to the recipe.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎