This Pepperoni Flatbread Pizza makes an easy light meal or snack. Can be prepared in minutes using prepackaged ingredients and some fresh produce.
We all have days when we want a quick bite but don’t want to spend a lot of time preparing it. This is where convenient store bought flatbreads come to the rescue. You can use any kind of flatbreads for this quick and easy Pepperoni Flatbread Pizza. Simply lather on the sauce and top it with your favorite ingredients. Then pop it in the oven and bake for the stipulated amount of time as directed in the packaging instructions. Usually in less than half an hour, you will have a delicious flatbread pizza to satisfy your hunger or craving.
The flavor combinations and possibilities are almost endless. In today’s recipe, I used bottled organic red sauce, pepperoni, onion, yellow pepper, shredded cheese, and some fresh basil from our Vegetable Garden. In just over 20 minutes and minimum prep work, I was able serve a light lunch for Ro-Jiro and myself. This semi-homemade goodness was definitely better than the boxed stuff or even take-out. It was actually quite tasty and delicious.
This simple recipe was also a good one for me to try out a new video format using a lighter weight camera and lens. This format with no speech was much easier to shoot than my usual videos. It was quite fun to do but the video quality can certainly be improved. Please bear with me while I work on fine tuning the quality and format in the following weeks.
The baking times given in the recipe below are based on the type of flatbread I am using. Please follow the packaging instructions if you are using a different kind of flatbread.
Pepperoni Flatbread Pizza
- 2 flatbread pizza crust
- 6 tbsp red sauce
- 28 slices pepperoni mini
- ½ onion (thinly sliced)
- ½ yellow pepper (diced)
- ¾ cup shredded cheese (85g)
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan (28g)
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Place flatbread on a baking tray. Baked for 2 minutes**. Remove from oven. Leave the oven on.
- Spread 3 tablespoons of red sauce on each slice to flatbread. Arrange half the pepperoni, onion, and yellow pepper on each of the flatbread.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese and parmesan over the vegetables. Then arrange basil leaves on the top.
- Return flatbread to the oven. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes**.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎