Pan fried Kumquat Chicken drenched with a sweetish Kumquat Hoisin Sauce and a sprinkling of…
Rosemary Thyme Baked Chicken with a golden crispy skin. Only a few ingredients and minimum prep time. Great for any day of the week.
Recently I shared my cook from scratch Green Bean Casserole with you all and in one of the pictures you probably saw this Rosemary Thyme Baked Chicken. Since it is still not quite that time of the year for Roast Turkey, I prepared this as a main dish instead.
As the weather is rapidly turning cold I wanted to use up the herbs I still had outside. This Rosemary Thyme Baked Chicken was the perfect opportunity for me to do so and just in time too. We had frost last night which means it is time to clean up all those vegetable beds and pots. How quickly the seasons come and go.
The skin on this baked chicken was golden and crispy. To achieve this simply use a broiler pan so that the chicken will not be standing in a pan of meat juices while cooking. An alternative is to use a wire rack placed on a deep baking tray. Add just a little water in the bottom tray to keep the chicken moist. This also helps with the clean up as the meat juices will not be baked into the pan.
I know the recipe below says 8 pieces of bone-in chicken thighs. My packet of chicken thighs from the grocery store had one bonus piece. YAY! 😉
Rosemary Thyme Baked Chicken
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place chicken thighs in a large bowl.
- Combine rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle over chicken thighs. Drizzle vegetable oil over the chicken. Mix well.
- Transfer chicken to a broiler pan. Add a little water to the bottom of the pan.
- Roast chicken for approximately 1 hour 15 minutes or until skin is crispy and golden.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎