Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches flavored with home blended spice mix. Minimum preparation time…
Nothing beats coming home to a perfectly cooked Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Roast dinner. It is moist, flavorful, and fall-apart tender.
Assorted pork chops are on sale this week at $2.19 a pound. That is a great price and I could not pass it up, especially when I saw a juicy chunk of pork shoulder roast included in the package. Finally, I have an excuse to pull out that slow cooker that has been pushed into the dark recesses of the corner cabinet. Now that it is out, rest assured I will once again put it to good use.
Tender, Moist, and Flavorful Pot Roast
A pork roast is one of the hardest thing to cook. Unlike beef, it is recommended that pork be cooked through to a temperature of between 165°F to 170°F and this is not always easy to achieve even when a thermometer is used. I have the tendency to over cook it resulting in hard and dry meat. That is why I much prefer to do a pot roast instead. That way, I know I will get a tender, moist, and flavorful chunk of meat. The other option is to cook it in a slow cooker.
Pork goes well with sweet and tart fruits. I decided to pair it with dried cranberries this time and I am so glad I did. The rich and flavorful sauce is slightly tangy and reminds me of Tu Kar Chor or stewed pig trotters in black vinegar, something I have not eaten since the birth of my boys. Ro-Ri San thinks this Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Roast is the best pork roast I have made so far. I think so too. 😀
Similar Tools Used in Making This Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Roast
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Roast
- Lightly sprinkle salt and pepper over pork roast. Set aside.
- In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Fry onions for about 2 minutes. Add dried rosemary and fry for another minute. Transfer to slow cooker insert.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil to the pan. Brown pork roast on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker insert.
- Pour water into pan. Add dried cranberries, cinnamon stick, dark soy sauce, sugar, and salt. Bring it to a boil and allow sugar to dissolve. Turn off heat and pour sauce over pork roast in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 hours. After 4 hours, turn the pork roast. Pour cornstarch mixture into the slow cooker and continue to let it cook for another 2 hours.
I served this with rice but mashed potatoes or slices of crusty bread to soak up the sauce would also be delicious.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎