These soft and buttery Strawberry Sour Cream Scones are perfect for afternoon tea. The sour…
Sour cream cookies are chewy cookies. They are more like small scones with a cake-like texture. They tend to be a little puffy when baked and are a slightly soft to the touch. Plain sour cream cookies are delicious on their own but I like to add some dried fruits and nuts to mine. These cookies are excellent for a mid-morning or afternoon snack.
I always have a variety of nuts and dried fruits in my pantry for my bread making. The pistachios needed to be used and so I decided to pair it with dried mangoes. They go quite well together and I love the color contrast, giving these pale colored cookies an almost festive look.
Sour Cream Cookies with Mangoes and Pistachios
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour (225g)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 stick butter (½ cup/115g)
- 1/3 cup sugar (70g)
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup sour cream (120ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup dried mangoes (chopped)
- ½ cup pistachios (toasted and chopped)
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all-purpose flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Next beat in egg. Add sour cream and vanilla and continue to beat until well blended. Stir in flour, followed by dried mangoes and pistachios.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto baking sheet. Flatten the top slightly. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 15 minutes. Remove and cool on wire rack.
These cookies are great with a cup of tea or coffee. I had mine with coconut mango tea this morning. They were so good together!
Please join my Fan Page. Thank you!
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 8)