Pumpkin season is here! Those golden orbs in all sizes are in demand and on display everywhere – decks, porches, driveways, shopfronts, and malls. They complement the golden leaves on the ground and sets the mood for the upcoming holidays.
I do enjoy this time of the year as it is so pleasant and pretty. I also love all the warm and delicious aromas of baked goods, apple cider, and even scented candles. It makes me feel all warm and cozy inside. To get in the mood, I made these delicious bars which are a combination of pumpkin pie and cheesecake. Just the kind of food for the season!
I found the recipe from the Betty Crocker Website. So that everyone in the family can enjoy it, I adapted the recipe using the GF mix from The Gluten-free Gourmet Makes Dessert to make it gluten-free. I must say that I am really happy with the results and will definitely make it again.
- 1½ cups (225g) brown rice flour
- ½ cup (90g) potato starch
- ¼ cup (30g) tapioca flour
- ½ cup(60g) chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup (60g) brown sugar
- ½ cup (113g) cold butter
- ½ tsp guar/xanthum gum
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup (250g) pumpkin puree
- 8 oz (225g) cream cheese
- ⅓ cup (75g) sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground allspice
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). In a medium sized bowl, combine all cookie base ingredients except butter. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1 cup mixture for topping.
- Press remaining mixture in the bottom of ungreased 8x8-inch pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and beat until well blended.
- Pour over warm crust and sprinkle with reserve topping. Bake for 45 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove and allow to cool. Refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting into 2x2-inch squares. Store covered in the refrigerator.
Enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee.
Here are the other pumpkin recipes I have previously shared. Just click on the picture to get to the post.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 8)