Today, I am guest posting at Raymund’s blog, Ang Sarap. Every Monday and Friday in the month of June and July Raymund is featuring bloggers that he follows. I am honored to be one of them. This is a really cool series with diverse recipes from around the world. I hope you will visit as there are also many fantastic Filipino recipes on Ang Sarap. While you are there, please say “hi” for me.
Since I had just returned from a visit to Malaysia, I wanted to make this simple but delicious street snack known as Kuih Kodok for you. This snack is usually sold at street corners or pasar malams (night markets) and uses only 4 ingredients. If you miss my first two posts on Malaysia, please do check it out here and here. Also, before we hop over to Ang Sarap I would like to share some fireworks pictures taken on the 4th of July with you. These pictures were taken from our backyard.
The best is always kept for the last. A bunch of fireworks were set off in close succession, one after the other for the Grand Finale. When everything died down, we could even hear the applause from the crowds three quarters of a mile away from us.
The full month phase usually occurs on the 15th day of the lunar month. Since the 4th of July corresponded with the 16th day of the 5th month of the lunar calendar, we could see a big, bright, beautiful moon up there. This picture was taken by Ro-Ri San on impulse without a tripod after the fireworks.
Enough of fireworks and moon gazing! Now, please do Raymund and me the honor of going over to Ang Sarap to read my guest post HERE.
- ½ cup (75g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 3 (15 oz/420g) ripe bananas, mashed
- Combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, egg, and ¼ cup (60ml) water in a large bowl. Mix till a smooth batter forms. Stir in mashed bananas. Cover and set aside for 15 minutes.
- In a medium sized sauce pan, heat about 1 inch deep oil. Gently lower a ladleful batter into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, turning once. It only takes about 2 to 3 minutes. Two or three pieces may be fried at the same time but do not overcrowd pan.
- Remove and place on a wire strainer.
- Serve immediately.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎