Some of you may have read on Google+, Facebook, and also in an earlier blog post here that I have launched the Roti n Rice Channel on YouTube. If you missed it, you can always watch my Introduction to Roti n Rice video embedded on my side bar. Please do subscribe to my channel by clicking on the Subscribe button in the video any time while you are watching.
Those of you who visit regularly know how much my family and I enjoy noodles. Since this is my first ever cooking video, I chose to cook this quick and easy Tom Yum Noodle Soup. It is big on taste and the script was a little easier to compose. Even so, there were many “bloopers”! Perhaps I will share them with you a little further down the road. For now, we will keep to the script. 😉
This delicious Tom Yum Noodle Soup takes less than 20 minutes to prepare using ready-made tom yum paste in a jar and pancit canton, a type of pre-fried wheat noodles made in the Philippines and easily available here at the Asian markets. These noodles have appeared in my Cantonese Style Fried Noodles, Clay Pot Noodles, and Pancit Canton recipes on this blog. Do check them out.
With the video feature, I will not be including the step-by-step pictorial instructions here but you can still print the recipe as always using the “Print” link located on the top right hand corner of the green area below. I hope you enjoy the video. Thanks for watching and please do subscribe to my channel.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 stalk lemon grass, thinly slice bottom third into rings
- ½ small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp tom yum paste
- Salt and pepper
- 3 oz (80g) pancit canton/yee meen
- 2 oz (55g) chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 6 shrimps, peeled and deveined
- Cilantro leaves
- 1 red chili, seeded and thinly sliced
- ½ lime, cut into wedges
- Heat vegetable oil in a small clay pot over medium low heat. Sauté lemon grass, onion, and garlic until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in to yum paste. Add 1½ cups (360ml) water. Stir to dissolve tom yum paste. Cover and bring soup to a boil.
- Remove lid. Season soup with salt and pepper.
- Add noodles, chicken, and shrimps. Cover and cook for 3 minutes or until chicken and shrimps are cooked through.
- Turn off heat. Garnish with cilantro leaves and red chili.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎