This spicy tangy Tom Yum Noodle Soup with chicken and shrimps is sure to wake up your taste buds. Less than 20 minutes to prepare. With video.
Some of you may have read on Google+, Facebook, and also in an earlier blog post here that I have launched the Roti n Rice Channel on YouTube. If you missed it, you can always watch my Introduction to Roti n Rice video embedded on my side bar. Please do subscribe to my channel by clicking on the Subscribe button in the video any time while you are watching.
Those of you who visit regularly know how much my family and I enjoy noodles. Since this is my first ever cooking video, I chose to cook this quick and easy Tom Yum Noodle Soup. It is big on taste and the script was a little easier to compose. Even so, there were many “bloopers”! Perhaps I will share them with you a little further down the road. For now, we will keep to the script. 😉
Tom Yum Noodle Soup – a One-Pot Meal
This delicious Tom Yum Noodle Soup takes less than 20 minutes to prepare using ready-made tom yum paste in a jar and pancit canton, a type of pre-fried wheat noodles made in the Philippines and easily available here at the Asian markets. These noodles have appeared in my Cantonese Style Fried Noodles, Clay Pot Noodles, and Pancit Canton recipes on this blog. Do check them out.
With the video feature, I will not be including the step-by-step pictorial instructions here but you can still print the recipe as always using the “Print” link located on the top right hand corner of the green area below. I hope you enjoy the video. Thanks for watching and please do subscribe to my channel.
Similar Products Used in Making This Tom Yum Noodle Soup
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
7.5″ Japanese Style Hand-Painted Glazed Earthenware Pot Donabe with Lid, Holds 4 Cups Liquid
GAS ONE GS-3000 Portable Gas Stove with Carrying Case, 9,000 BTU, CSA Approved
Excellent Pancit Canton Noodles, 16 Ounce
Tom Yum Paste (Instant Hot and Soup Paste) – 8oz
Tom Yum Noodle Soup
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 stalk lemongrass (thinly slice bottom third into rings)
- ½ small onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp tom yum paste
- 1½ cups water (360ml)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2½ oz pancit canton / yee meen (70g)
- 2 oz chicken breast (thinly sliced) (56g)
- 6 medium shrimps (peeled and deveined)
- 1 red chili (seeded and thinly sliced)
- 1 piece lime
- Heat vegetable oil in a small clay pot over medium low heat. Sauté lemongrass, onion, and garlic until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in to yum paste. Add 1½ cups (360ml) water. Stir to dissolve tom yum paste. Cover and bring soup to a boil.
- Remove lid. Season soup with salt and pepper.
- Add pancit canton noodles, chicken, and shrimps. Cover and cook for 3 minutes or until chicken and shrimps are cooked through.
- Turn off heat. Garnish with cilantro leaves and red chili.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎