This Strawberry Nectarine Salsa is deliciously sweet, fruity, and a little addicting. Great served with seafood or as a dip with corn chips.
Of late I’ve been having a craving for chips and dips. Some weeks back I shared this Mango Peach Salsa. Today, I am going to share with you this deliciously sweet fruity Strawberry Nectarine Salsa. It combines really well with salty chips and is hard to stop once you get started.
I added half a jalapeno pepper,one clove garlic, and some homegrown green onions to give the salsa a slightly spicy and pungent bite but it is not too much at all. I think it gives it a really nice flavor over all and I am really pleased with the outcome. The color is lovely too!
Since both strawberries and nectarines are quite soft, this Strawberry Nectarine Salsa should be eaten within a day or two or it will get mushy. Other than that, it really is is a delicious salsa to serve especially when both fruits are in season.
Also try serving it with grilled fish or seafood. It provides a cool, refreshing, and tasty contrast. Do give it a try.
- 8 strawberries, hulled and diced
- 2 nectarines, peeled, seeded, and diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tomato, diced
- ½ jalapeno pepper, diced
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 lime, juiced
- Tortilla and corn chips to serve
- Place all diced fruits, vegetables, sugar, and salt in a medium size bowl.
- Squeeze in lime juice. Toss to get everything well mixed.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate for an hour before serving.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎