This Egg and Eggplant Curry is a spicy and tangy curry that is sure to…
This quick and tasty 1-Minute Single Serve Crouton Egg Bake will satisfy you in a jiffy. It takes only 3 short minutes to prepare.
Ever find yourself wondering what to eat for breakfast when you have maybe just 10 minutes before you dash out of the door? Well, I think that describes most of us during the week day. If that is you, then you will definitely want to check out this 1-Minute Single Serve Crouton Egg Bake.
Breakfast – the most important meal of the day
I, for one cannot do without breakfast and a cold breakfast on a cold morning is not exactly my cup of tea. I can skip lunch but not breakfast. In the summer, I can take a smoothie and be satisfied but not when the weather starts cooling down right about this time of the year. I need something warm in my belly to jump start me for the day.
Egg – the perfect food for breakfast
Most mornings, I’ll just have a piece of toast with a thin slice of sandwich meat and cheese down with a cup of tea. Sometimes, I’ll have a grilled cheese sandwich. Occasionally, I’ll make myself a Half Boiled Egg or a Coddled Egg when I am not in a rush.
I do enjoy eggs and eat it regularly. Because of that, I buy only organic eggs. I can get a dozen fresh eggs at my local health food store for US$3.60 which is very reasonable. Since the store is not too far from where I live, I buy a dozen at a time and replenish when I run out.
Inspiration for this 1-Minute Single Serve Crouton Egg Bake
With so many 1-Minute recipes out there, I thought it will be fun to come up with one myself. What better meal to target than breakfast? And so I went about testing my idea because we can certainly all do with a quick, warm, and delicious breakfast every day of the week. It took me several tries to get the timing just right.
Every microwave is different and like me, you may have to do it a few times too. Come on, it is fun and you will be glad you tried it. 🙂
1-Minute Single Serve Crouton Egg Bake
- ½ cup croutons (20g)
- 1 large egg
- Salt to taste
- Ground pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tbsp shredded cheese
- Grease a small shallow microwave safe dish (about 4 inches in diameter) with a little butter.
- Place croutons in a single layer at the base of the dish.
- Crack egg over the croutons. Prick egg yolk with a tooth pick.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and dried parsley over the egg.
- Carefully sprinkle shredded cheese over the egg white only, leaving the yolk uncovered.
- Place in the microwave and microwave on 70% power for 50 seconds to 1 minute.
- Remove and let it stand for 30 seconds before serving.
- Note: Microwave ovens vary. Cooking time may need to be adjusted accordingly.