I saved some of the apple stuffed sirloin roast from yesterday for this morning's bento.…
Treat your family to this moist and flavorful Apple Stuffed Sirloin Roast. It is a great weekend dish and an impressive one to serve when there is company.
Pork roast can be a little dry and boring on its own. Stuffing the roast keeps it moist, flavorful, and exciting. The presentation is quite impressive when there is company. It also cooks a little faster because the meat is not as thick.
This Apple Stuffed Sirloin Roast is a dish I have made many times. The stuffing may differ a little different from time to time, depending on the ingredients I have in the refrigerator but it never disappoints. It is moist, flavorful, and tasty.
- 2¼ lb sirloin roast (1 kg)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a fry pan. Sauté onion, carrot, and celery for 2 minutes. Add apple, breadcrumbs, and thyme. Stir to get everything well mixed.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and pour in ½ cup (120 ml) water.
- Season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook until all water is absorbed, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Slice open the sirloin roast lengthwise at a third of the thickness but do not cut through. Then cut at another third so that it lays flat with three times the original spread.
- Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Neatly spoon stuffing over the center portion of the spread-out roast.
- Bring the two sides up to meet in the center overlapping just a little.
- Tie the stuffed roast securely with kitchen string at 1 inch intervals cross-wise and once length-wise. Sprinkle with salt and pepper all over the roast.
- Place roast seam side down on a wire rack in a pan. Pour in sufficient water to cover pan with a quarter inch water. Drizzle remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil over the roast.
- Place in the oven at 375˚F (190˚C) for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until internal temperature of roast (not stuffing) is about 160˚F (71˚C).
- Remove and allow roast to rest for 10 minutes before removing string and slicing.
This Apple Stuffed Sirloin Roast is delicious with mashed potatoes or a rice salad. Do give it a try.
NOTE: This post was updated on August 3rd, 2014 with new pictures.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎