Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Sausage Stir Fry – super quick and tasty with easily available ingredients. Perfect for weeknights.
It’s another harvest from Our Vegetable Garden and another stir fry. To our delight, the vegetable garden is doing fairly well in its first season. So far, we have had quite a few harvests. They were small harvests but no less joyful.
Veggies from Our Vegetable garden
This past weekend, we were rewarded with about half a pound of broccoli crowns. I thought that was the end of the broccoli but to my surprise, new heads are already growing from the main stalk. This is so much fun and we are loving it. 🙂
Bulking it up
Since half a pound of broccoli is not quite sufficient for one meal, I bulked up this stir fry with some store bought cauliflower and polish sausage. I also threw in a carrot for color. Other veggies you can add to this versatile stir fry are bell peppers, green beans, and asparagus, just to mention a few. Broccoli and all these vegetables I just mentioned are easily available at your local grocery store.
Quick and easy Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Sausage Stir Fry
It took only minutes to prepare and an even shorter time to disappear from the dinner table. The boys said they wished there was more broccoli. Perhaps next year, we will grow a full bed of broccoli. Currently they are sharing a vegetable bed with Brussels sprouts and those seem to be taking a much longer time to bear fruit.
I often like to use a little Shao Hsing Cooking Wine in my veggie stir fries but this is optional. You can omit it altogether or use your favorite white cooking wine from your local grocery store. The taste will differ only very slightly.
Similar Tools Used in Making This Chicken Stir Fry
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Sausage Stir Fry
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Polish sausage (cut into coins)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 large carrot (peeled and sliced diagonally)
- 1 lb cauliflower (cut into florets) (450g)
- ½ lb broccoli (cut into florets) (225g)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Shao Hsing cooking wine ** (optional)
- 1 tsp corn starch mixed with ¼ cup (60ml) water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Heat vegetable oil in a large wok or fry pan. Lightly brown Polish sausage.
- Add garlic and stir fry for 30 seconds. Add carrots and cauliflower and continue to fry for 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and fry for another 2 minutes.
- The add soy sauce and Shao Hsing cooking wine. Continue to stir fry and add salt if needed.
- Pour in corn starch mixture. Stir fry until sauce thickens.
- Turn off stove. Drizzle sesame oil on the top.
- Serve immediately.
Serving Suggestion Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Sausage Stir Fry
This veggie and meat stir fry goes well with steamed rice and the two make a delicious and complete meal. You really can’t go wrong with this combination. Stir fries are made to go with steamed rice no matter their composition.