Chicken and Corn Fried Rice – a quick, simple, and tasty fried rice made with left-over grilled chicken and fresh seasonal corn.
Fried rice is almost like a staple at our house. I cook it at least once a week as my boys absolutely love fried rice in their lunch boxes. It takes me only 10 to 15 minutes in the morning to fry the rice, with all the prep work done the evening before. Add a side of fruits and the boys have a tasty and satisfying lunch at school.
Vegetables are a must in fried rice and I practically use whatever I have in my refrigerator. Frozen green peas and corn are almost always available and so they appear regularly in my fried rice. When fresh corn is in season though, I like using them as a main ingredient. It takes a little extra time to cook the corn but it is totally worth it. This Chicken and Corn Fried Rice has an entire cup of fresh sweet corn kernels in it. They provide sweetness and a crunchy texture to the fried rice.
Even though it is early fall, there are still lots of fresh corn being sold at the grocery stores. I am not ready for summer to slip away and so I continue to buy and use them in my cooking. Recently I made this fragrant and creamy Sweet Corn Basil Ice Cream. It was a delight! I urge you to go and get some fresh corn today before it is all gone. They are also very good in soups. Do check out my Chinese Chicken and Corn Soup and Curried Corn Chowder. They are wonderful for this time of the year.
I used leftover rotisserie chicken in this Chicken and Corn Fried Rice but you can also use eggs, sausages, or leave it vegetarian. It will be tasty and delicious either way.
Tools Used in Making This Chicken and Corn Fried Rice
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
For more tools and products used in my kitchen, please check out Roti n Rice’s Amazon Page.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup roasted chicken meat (diced) (150g)
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels (150g)
- 1 cup frozen green peas (150g)
- 3 cups cooked white rice (preferably kept overnight)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large non-stick fry pan, heat vegetable oil.
- Fry onion for about 2 minutes until softened. Stir in garlic followed by roasted chicken meat. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add cooked corn and green peas. Fry for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add cooked rice. Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Add soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir to get everything well mixed and cook until rice is dry and fluffy. This will take 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎