The fragrance and combination of flavors in these Coconut Pecan Cookies are sure to please. Perfect for tea time or the holidays.
Last week was my cookie baking week. I made 6 different kinds with a total of 170 cookies in all. It was a lot of work and the kitchen was a mess but I enjoyed it. I had lots of people to help me eat those cookies and it was totally worth the effort. 🙂
A Variety of Cookies
At first, I baked some cinnamon chip and these fun Soft Chewy M&M Cookies. As the week progressed, I made Sugar Cookies, Checkerboard Cookies, Pecan Creme de Menthe Cookies, and finally my favorite Coconut Pecan Cookies.
I have made these Coconut Pecan Cookies for years now. They almost always make an appearance during Christmas. The original recipe came from my treasured Better Homes and Garden Cookbook presented to me many years ago by a friend when I first moved to this country. Through the years, I’ve adapted the recipe and made the cookies egg-free and reduced the sugar to suit our taste. Do give it a try. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
Similar Products Used in Making These Coconut Pecan Cookies
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Hamilton Beach Power Deluxe Hand Mixer
Cuisipro Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Spoon Set
AirBake Nonstick 2 Pack Cookie Sheet Set, 14in x 12in and 16in x 14in
Kitchenatics 100% Stainless Steel Wire Cooling and Roasting Rack
Coconut Pecan Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (150g)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 stick butter (½ cup /113g)
- ½ cup brown sugar (90g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened dried grated coconut (50g)
- ½ cup chopped pecans (toasted) (60g)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Combine flour and baking soda in a medium sized bowl.
- Beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add vanilla and beat until combined.
- Beat in as much flour as possible.
- Stir in remaining flour, coconut, and pecans.
- Form into walnut-sized balls and flatten to form disks. Place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake in oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
My Tray of Cookies
Here is one of the trays of cookies I made. On the far left are the Coconut Pecan Cookies shared today. In the center are Checkerboard Cookies which I will be sharing in the days ahead. In the foreground are these Pecan Creme de Menthe Cookies. Do check them out.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎
Leave a Reply