This Cod Ramen Sheet Pan Dinner is a complete meal with protein, carbohydrate, and vegetables in one pan. Only 20 minutes total cook time!
Recently, our much used French door toaster oven had to be replaced because the heating elements inside were bent. That is a bummer but we go through a toaster oven every two years. They don’t last very long as we use it almost everyday. We looked for another French door toaster oven but this 6-in-1 oven caught our eye because it was on sale. We also like the flip up capability which allows us to reclaim some of our limited counter space. As a side note, I believe the current version is an 8-in-1 but I don’t really need the other two functions.
Sheet Pan Meal
For some reason, I never really looked or considered sheet pan dinners until now. The quick guide that came with the oven has a page on “How to build a sheet pan meal”. It is like those customizable stir fry restaurants where you create your meal by picking your protein, vegetables, carbohydrate, marinate, and they cook it for you. I like the idea and decided to give it a try. Since then, I have made 4 sheet pan dinners and the family is loving it. One is not shown here.
Deep Sheet Pan
The oven comes with a square non-stick baking sheet but I prefer to use a deep baking pan so that there is less splatter in the oven. It just so happen that I do have a 2 inch deep 11 inch square pan which works nicely in the oven. They do have a 12.5 inch casserole pan (affiliate link) which I intend to purchase in the near future.
Cod Ramen Sheet Pan Dinner with Two Kinds of Noodles
Please note that in this recipe I used dried ramen and fresh udon because I had some on hand but not enough for the four of us. Also, I decided to cover the top of the cod with strips of orange bell pepper and homegrown tomatoes to keep it moist. If you prefer the fish to be a little crispy, you can leave out the bell pepper and tomatoes.
Similar Products Used To Make This Cod Ramen Sheet Pan Dinner
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Cod Ramen Sheet Pan Dinner
- 1 11 inch x 11 inch deep square pan
- 3 packets ramen (9 oz/255g)
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken meat
- 2 small carrots (julienned)
- 8 Brussel sprouts (thinly sliced)
- 4 oz green beans (thinly sliced at a diagonal) (125g)
- 2 red chili peppers (julienned)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 lb cod fillet (450g)
- 1 medium bell pepper (cut into thick strips)
- 8 cherry tomatoes (cut into 1/8 inch slices)
- Salt to taste
- Ground pepper to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Combine soy sauce, dark soy sauce, fish sauce in a bowl.
- Add vegetable oil and sesame oil. Mix well.
- Boil ramen for 2 minutes. Transfer with a metal strainer to a large bowl.
- Add prepared carrots, Brussel sprouts, green beans, chili peppers, and minced garlic to the ramen.
- Pour sauce over the vegatables and ramen. Mix well to get vegetables and ramen coated with sauce.
- Preheat convection oven to 400⁰F/200⁰C or regular oven to 425⁰F/220⁰C.
- Line a deep sheet pan with parchment paper. Place cod fillet in the middle of the sheet pan. Sprinkle salt, ground pepper, and garlic powder over the cod.
- Transfer seasoned ramen and vegetables to both sides of the cod.
- Combine strips of bell pepper and cut cherry tomatoes in a bowl. Season with salt, ground pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add olive oil and mix well to get bell pepper strips and tomatoes well coated.
- Arrange bell pepper strips and tomatoes over the cod. Pour remaining sauce in the bowl over the top.
- Place sheet pan into preheated oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately.