Delicious Sheet Pan Broccoli Beef and Rice with the best sauce, lots of vegetables, and flavorful rice to make a complete meal in a pan.
We are really enjoying these one pan meals ever since we purchased this new oven (affiliate link). The family loves it and I love it because I can close the kitchen early after dinner. There are no messy splatters and spills on the stove top which means less clean up after dinner and that is a good thing. The stove gets a break and I get a break from cleaning.
I also like how colorful and pretty the meal looks in the pan. When the family gathers around the table, the first word I hear is “Wow!” and that makes me happy. Since I started canning, we now have the option of simply opening a jar of Achar which goes so well with rice. Sometimes, we also like to take out some Kimchi from the refrigerator as a spicy condiment.
A Complete One Pan Meal
Chinese meals usually comes in many dishes. I usually cook three dishes every meal, one main dish and two side dishes. If you like the idea of a one pan Chinese meal, this Sheet Pan Broccoli Beef and Rice is right up your alley. It may take more that one pan to prepare but once you finish dinner, you literally have only one pan to wash. The rest which consist of the rice cooker insert (or pot if you cook the rice on the stove top) and saucepan can be cleaned when the sheet pan is in the oven.
The Best Sauce For Sheet Pan Broccoli Beef
I have actually made this sheet pan dinner twice. The first time, I was not satisfied with how the sauce turned out. While it is more or less the same sauce, I added it to the pan right at the beginning. It got diluted with the meat juices. I had to place a piece of parchment paper in the middle of the pan to separate the wet marinated meat from the rice.
This time, I marinated the meat with dry spices and only added the sauce in the last 5 minutes of roasting. It was so much better as the sauce was not diluted. I also cut the beef into very thin slices so that it will cook better and not be too rare at the bottom of the pan. I separated the rice from the meat with a row of broccoli florets.
Similar Products Used To Make This Sheet Pan Broccoli Beef and Rice
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Sheet Pan Broccoli Beef and Rice
- 1 11 inch x 11 inch deep square pan
- Cut beef against the grain at a diagonal with a sharp knife as thinly as possible. Place in large bowl.
- Sprinkle salt, ground pepper, ground ginger, and garlic powder, and drizzle sesame oil over the top of sliced beef.
- Mix well and place bowl in the refrigerator.
- In the meantime, cook 1½ cups (300g) of long grain rice in the rice cooker or on the stove. This should take about 15 minutes and it will give you 4 cups cooked rice.
- While rice is cooking, cut broccoli into florets. Peel the stems and cut into slices. Also, cut red bell pepper into thin strips.
- Once rice is cooked, drizzle 1 tablespoon sesame oil and sprinkle 1 teaspoon sesame seeds and green onions over cooked rice. Gently mix rice with a spatula.
- Spoon flavored rice into deep sheet pan leaving the middle empty.
- Arrange broccoli florets on each side of the rice to separate rice from beef and place a few of the florets and bell pepper strips over the rice.
- Preheat convection oven to 400⁰F/200⁰C or regular oven to 425⁰F/220⁰C.
- Remove beef from refrigerator. Mix remaining broccoli florets into the bowl. Transfer marinated beef slices and broccoli florets to the middle of the sheet pan.
- Place sheet pan into preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- While sheet pan is in the oven, combine all sauce ingredients except cornstarch in a small sauce pan. Bring sauce to a boil. Add cornstarch mixture and let sauce thicken. Set aside.
- After 15 minutes of cooking, remove sheet pan from oven. Drizzle half the sauce over the beef. Return to the oven and let it finish cooking for the remaining 5 minutes.
- Remove sheet pan from the oven. Drizzle remaining half of the sauce and sprinkle 1 teaspoon sesame seeds over the beef (and rice if desired).
- Serve immediately.