I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Can't believe it came and went so…
Use your leftover cranberry sauce to make these soft, tender Cranberry Sauce Skillet Scones. They are delicious served with whipped cream and a cup of tea.
Cranberry Sauce is one of those dishes you would most likely have some left over in the refrigerator after Thanksgiving. It is a must-have for the Thanksgiving feast but estimating the amount to cook is almost impossible. Left over is inevitable as most people will make a generous amount using the entire bag of cranberries just in case. Over the next few weeks, it will get pushed further and further back in the refrigerator and eventually forgotten. Do not let that happen as I have this easy and delicious scones recipe you can use for all the upcoming gatherings in the weeks ahead.
Fuss Free Skillet Scones
These fuss free Cranberry Sauce Skillet Scones can be put together in no time at all. There is no need to mess up the counter or use a cookie cutter. Mixing the dough in the food processor makes it really, really easy. Then, simply transfer the dough to a bowl and fold in the cranberry sauce. Finally, transfer to a cast iron skillet and you are all done! This works out well as you do not want to handle the dough too much or you would end up with tough scones.
Apart from the cranberry sauce, only a few simple pantry ingredients are required to make these tender cake-like scones. They are great for tea time, snack time, or even breakfast.
Similar Products Used in Making This Cranberry Sauce Skillet Scones
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour (340g)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ cup sugar (55g)
- 1 stick cold butter (½ cup/115g)
- 1 cup milk (240ml)
- ¾ cup cranberry sauce
- Grease a 9 or 10 inch cast iron skillet. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and butter in a food processor. Pulse until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Pour milk through feed tube and continue to pulse until dough just comes together.
- Transfer dough to a large bowl. Gently fold in cranberry sauce.
- Transfer to prepared cast iron skillet. Score dough about ½ inch deep into 8 wedges.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
I made these Cranberry Sauce Skillet Scones for tea time over the weekend. We enjoyed them warm with freshly whipped cream and a robust pot of tea. Do give it a try.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎