Quick and easy French Toast for a delicious and satisfying breakfast. Ready in 10 minutes and perfect with a cup of coffee or tea.
I cannot remember when was the last time I had French Toast. It seems like eons ago. I woke up this morning craving for some and decided that I would satisfy the craving after Ro-Ri San and Ro-Jiro left for work and school respectively. French Toast is not their thing and so they had their usual sandwiches while I continued to pack their lunches. As soon as they left, I set to work.
Auntie’s Favorite Breakfast
Like scents, some foods remind us of certain people. I have an aunt who absolutely loves eggs and one of her favorite dishes to prepare with eggs is French Toast. Whenever I eat French Toast, I am instantly reminded of this aunt who likes them really sweet and well coated with eggs. There was no need for syrup as they were already well sweetened. Auntie’s French Toasts were good and I had my fair share while growing up.
Most French Toasts here are made with some milk. Apart from cakes, milk is seldom used in cooking back in the old country. Aunty added only sugar to the eggs with no milk. In today’s recipe, I did use a little half-and-half and a teaspoon of honey instead of sugar. The level of sweetness was just right and no additional sweetener is necessary for me. Coupled with a pot of freshly brewed tea, I had a wonderful breakfast. 🙂
Similar Tools Used in Making This French Toast
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ cup half-and-half or milk (60ml)
- 2 slices day-old bread (cut into halves)
- 1 tbsp butter (14g)
- Place egg, honey, and half-and-half in a medium sized bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Dip bread into the egg mixture and allow it to soak for about 20 seconds on each side.
- Melt butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Placed bread slices onto the pan and cook until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove and serve immediately as is or with butter, honey, or maple syrup.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎