These Grilled Lobster Tails are the ultimate appetizers. Only minutes to prepare and absolutely delicious hot off the grill.
If you love seafood, you would enjoy these Grilled Lobster Tails. They are just the most tasty and fragrant pieces of meat on the grill. On top of that they look absolutely ah-mah-zing! Their succulent flesh and bright red shells whet the appetite and make you want to tuck in right away.
Surf and Turf
While you are thinking about these lobsters, may I suggest a surf and turf. Give the family a treat and get a few pieces of juicy steaks. The two are delicious together. I have several grilled steak recipes on the blog and this Grilled Steaks with Balsamic Worcestershire Marinade is the latest. Do check it out.
Easy Peasy Grilled Lobster Tails Recipe
Many are hesitant to prepare lobsters at home but I urge you not to be intimidated. It is actually quite easy. A pair of sharp kitchen shears makes cutting the shell a breeze. The marinade is simple and goes amazingly well with the lobsters. You will be outside by the grilling in no time at all.
Do Not Overcook
Make sure not to overcook the lobster tails or the flesh will be tough and rubbery. It should not take very long over the grill over under the broiler. The shell will turn a bright red color and the flesh opaque. 4 to 5 oz lobsters should take between 10 to 12 minutes on the grill. Broiling is a little faster as the heat is higher and more intense. It should take about 6 minutes under the broiler.
Similar Tools Used in Making Theses Grilled Lobster Tails
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Grilled Lobster Tails
- 4 lobster tails (4 to 5oz/115g to 140g)
- 2 tbsp butter (melted) (28g)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme (coarsely chopped)
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- Hold lobster with tail away from you. Cut on the right side of shell towards the tail. Repeat the process on the left side. Then make a cut across the back to free the top of the shell.
- Rinse the tail with cold water to remove vein and any bits of shell. Pat dry with paper towels. Release meat from shell with the tail end still attached. Place the meat on top of the shell.
- Wrap tails with small pieces of aluminum foil to prevent burning.
- Combine melted butter, garlic, thyme, pepper, and salt in a small bowl. Brush marinade over lobster flesh.
- Place lobster tails on a preheated grill. Grill for 5 minutes, and then baste with remaining garlic thyme butter. Continue to grill for another 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎