Enjoy Pan Seared Oven Roasted Steaks with grilled marks any time of the year even when it is cold outside. Takes only minutes to prepare in the comfort of your kitchen.
February was a busy month for me with Valentine’s Day and Chinese New Year just two days apart. I was busy making cookies and preparing for the Chinese New Year feast which consisted of 12 dishes in all. It took me two days to prepare everything but it was time well spent. Watching the guys enjoying the food was my reward. 🙂
A Valentine’s Day Dinner for Two
I did not let Valentine’s Day go without a feast either. I decided to cook dinner since it was not convenient for us to dine outside mid-week. This year the grocery stores were all selling lots of lobster tails and Porterhouse steaks at very reasonable prices. I picked out two of each to prepare a surf and turf for me and my sweetie. 😉 A Creamy Mushroom Sauce tied the two together.
I prepared the sauce first, followed by these Pan Seared Oven Roasted Steaks. While the steaks were resting, I cooked the lobster tails using this Grilled Lobster Tails recipe but broiled them instead because it was just too cold to be grilling outside. It took only 5 to 6 minutes. By then everything was ready to be served.
This time I kept the seasoning for these Pan Seared Oven Roasted Steaks simple, using only salt and freshly ground pepper. To achieve grilled marks on the steaks, I used my oval grilled pan which was the perfect size for those two huge steaks. It took only 10 minutes to cook the steaks because of the high temperatures of the stove and oven.
Similar Tools Used in Making These Pan Seared Oven Roasted Steaks
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
World Cuisine small black oval cast-iron grill
Le Creuset Cast Iron Oval Oven with Reversible Grill Pan Lid, 4 3/4 quart, Oyster
Winco UT-9 Coiled Spring Heavyweight Stainless Steel Utility Tong, 9-Inch
- 2 Porterhouse or T-bone steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper (freshly ground)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Sprinkle half of the salt and ground pepper on the top side of steaks. Then brush the steaks with some vegetable oil.
- Pre-heat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Heat grill pan on the stove on high heat. Brush the grill pan with some vegetable oil.
- Place steaks seasoned side down onto the grill pan. Sear for 2 minutes. While steaks are searing, sprinkle remaining salt and ground pepper over the steaks. Also brush some vegetable oil on the steaks.
- Flip the steaks and sear for another two minutes.
- Transfer steaks into pre-heated oven and roast for 3 minutes.
- Remove steaks from the oven. Flip steaks onto the other side and return them to the oven for another 3 minutes.
- Remove steaks from the oven. Transfer steaks to a tray. Loosely tent steaks with aluminum foil and allow them to rest for 10 minutes.
Surf and Turf with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
This Valentine’s Day meal came together beautifully. Best of all, it did not take long at all to prepare. I hope you’ll give it a try. Recipe for Creamy Mushroom Sauce will be posted soon.
For dessert, I simply bought this chocolate mousse cup topped with fresh raspberries. It was light and tasty. A perfect way to end the meal!
Happy to say, my Valentine enjoyed his dinner very much. 🙂