This Roasted Italian Sausage with Grapes and Apples with a balsamic vinegar and red wine…
Use the abundance of fall harvest fruits and veggies in this Roasted Apples, Squash, and Sausage dish sweetened with a little maple syrup. It’s delicious!
What do you do when you have lots of apples sitting on the counter? You can’t eat them all and so you bake, roast and throw them into stews. Of course you can also make apple sauce but my boys are past that age and they consider apple sauce baby food. They don’t mind apples in savory dishes and so I mix them into their favorite food….MEAT!
I concocted this Roasted Apples, Squash, and Sausage dish last year but never posted. I like squashes and so I added some in place of potatoes. It is kind of a sweet and savory dish. It is fast and easy to prepare and we enjoy it. Hope you will too. 🙂
- Place apples, squash, green pepper, and onions in a roasting pan. Sprinkle with thyme, salt, and pepper. Drizzle olive oil over vegetables. Roast in 400°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until apples and squash are tender.
- Heat half cup water in a deep skillet. Place sausages in skillet, cover and cook for 10 minutes, turning once.
- Remove lid and continue to cook for another 5 to 7 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove and allow sausages to cool slightly so that it may be handled. Slice sausages diagonally into ¼ inch slices.
- When vegetables are done, transfer to a large bowl. Add sliced sausages. Drizzle with maple syrup.
- Give it a toss and serve immediately.
NOTE: This post was updated on September 30th, 2013 with new pictures.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎