This easy Sausage Tomato Egg Bake is perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch. The potato base makes it a hearty, delicious, and satisfying meal.
Happy New Year and new decade! I hope you had a wonderful year end holiday and celebration. Tomorrow, the guys will go back to work and so I thought I will treat them to a hearty and delicious New Year’s Day Breakfast this morning. This does not happen often because mornings are busy and everyone is rushing off to work.
I prepared the potatoes and sausage for this Sausage Tomato Egg Bake yesterday evening after dinner and just whipped up the egg and cut the cherry tomatoes for the topping this morning. It did safe some time and allowed me an extra few minutes of precious sleep.
New Year’s Day Breakfast
We slept in a little this morning and so our breakfast was more like a brunch. Although this egg bake can feed eight, the guys enjoyed it so much that they finished all of it in that sitting. It was fine by me because it meant that they will be too full for lunch and I have the afternoon off. 😉 That worked out well.
Tools Used in Making This Sausage Tomato Egg Bake
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Staub Ceramics Rectangular Baking Dish – Basil – 10.5″ x 7.5
Pyrex Prepware 1-Cup Glass Measuring Cup
4-Piece Stainless Steel Measuring Spoon Set
Sausage Tomato Egg Bake
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 medium potatoes (peeled and slice thinly)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Andouille sausage
- 8 large eggs
- ¾ cups milk (180ml)
- 2 tbsp parsley (chopped)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (cut into halves)
- Heat vegetable oil in a non-stick pan. Add potato slices and cook until lightly brown, about 8 minutes.
- Remove and arrange at the base of a 10 inch x 8 inch casserole dish. Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour a little water in the pan. When water comes to a boil, add sausages and cook for 8 minutes covered, turning once half way through.
- Drain the sausage and cut each one at a diagonal into thin slices. Arrange the slices of sausage on top of the potatoes in the casserole dish.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Crack the eggs into a medium sized bowl. Add some salt and pepper to taste. Whisk the eggs to break the yolks.
- Pour in milk. Whisk lightly to combine.
- Pour egg mixture into the casserole. Sprinkle chopped parsley over the top and top with cherry tomato halves.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 50 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately.
A Colorful Egg Bake
I really like how this egg bake turned out. The chopped parsley, tomatoes, and eggs gave this dish a fresh, colorful, and very appetizing look. Do give it a try.
Leave a Reply