Thin slices of juicy beef are paired with tender crisp asparagus in this quick and easy Sesame Beef Asparagus Stir Fry. Perfect for weeknight meals!
After three months of deep freeze, spring is finally in the air! One of the first signs of spring at the grocery store is the appearance of asparagus. I picked up a bunch two days for this delicious Sesame Beef Asparagus Stir Fry. Thin juicy slices of top sirloin steaks are paired with tender crisp asparagus in this quick and easy stir fry, perfect for weeknight meals.
Asparagus are perfect for stir fries because they cook very easily. There is no need to parboil them first. Simply saute the asparagus in the pan with a tablespoon of oil to keep them nice and crisp. Remove and only return them to the pan towards the end of cooking.
Similar Tools Used in Making This Sesame Beef Asparagus Stir Fry
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Stainless 14-Inch Stir-Fry Pan with Helper Handle and Glass Cover
Asian Kitchen Carbon Steel Wok Stir Fry Pan, 12-inch
Classic Series Carbon Steel Wok, 14-inch
Microplane Gourmet Series Stainless Steel Coarse Grater
Sesame Beef Asparagus Stir Fry
- 1 lb flank steak (often sold as stir-fry beef) or top sirloin steak still partially frozen (450g)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Shao Hsing cooking wine
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 in ginger (peeled)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 lb asparagus (trimmed and cut diagonally into 2 inch pieces) (450g)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp sesame seeds (toasted)
- Trim fat from around beef. Slice against the grain as thinly as possible. Place sliced beef in a bowl. Grate ginger over chicken. Mix in soy sauce, Shao Hsing cooking wine, black pepper, and cornstarch. Allow beef to marinade in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a wok or large pan with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Add red asparagus and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining oil into the pan. Sauté minced garlic for 30 seconds. Add beef by spreading it out in the pan. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Return cooked asparagus to the pan. Stir to get everything well mixed. This takes about 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Drizzle sesame oil and sprinkle sesame seeds onto beef.
- Remove and serve immediately with steamed rice.
This quick and easy stir fry is best enjoyed with a bowl of steamed rice. Since there is meat and vegetables in the stir fry, no other dish is necessary. Do give it a try.
More Asparagus Recipes
I love asparagus and will always pick up a bunch or two at the grocery store when they are in season. Here are two more asparagus recipes that you may enjoy. Do check them out.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎
Leave a Reply