Pan fried Kumquat Chicken drenched with a sweetish Kumquat Hoisin Sauce and a sprinkling of…
Best ever, crowd pleasing Sticky Hoisin Honey Chicken with a sweet savory glaze. Easy to prepare using only a few simple ingredients.
Hoisin sauce, sometimes known as Chinese barbecue sauce is perhaps my most favorite sauce after soy sauce. It has a sweet salty flavor and I use it frequently in my vegetable stir fries and as a marinade for meats. Hoisin sauce can be easily purchased in most Asian grocery stores.
A Honey Sesame Chicken Variation
Today’s Sticky Hoisin Honey Chicken is a variation on the popular honey sesame chicken. The addition of hoisin sauce and sesame oil give the glaze a more complex flavor that is absolutely marvelous. The rich reddish brown color makes the chicken look really appealing and appetizing.
Making a Tasty Glaze From Meat Juices
Meat juices are unavoidable when roasting marinated meats in a baking tray. It is a actually a good thing because it keeps the meat moist and tender. Simply strain the juices and thicken it on the stove to make a tasty glaze. Then brush the glaze back onto the meat to finish the roasting for that perfect glisten and shine.
Similar Tools Used in Making This Sticky Hoisin Honey Chicken
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Sticky Hoisin Honey Chicken
- Cut chicken into 8 to 10 pieces. Trim off excessive fat. Place on a baking tray. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of chicken pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Combine hoisin sauce, honey, and sesame oil in a small bowl. Brush or spoon the sauce on both sides of chicken pieces.
- Bake chicken for 45 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and transfer chicken pieces to a plate. Strain the juices into a small saucepan. Place the chicken back onto the baking tray and cover with aluminum foil. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F (165°C).
- Boil the juices until it is thick and syrupy.
- Brush or spoon onto chicken pieces. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Return chicken to the oven and continue to bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately.
Serving Suggestions for Sticky Hoisin Honey Chicken
This delicious baked chicken is perfect with a bowl of Steamed Rice or
NOTE: The original publication of this post was on June 24th, 2015. This republication comes with changes to the writeup but the recipe remains the same.