This lovely Strawberry Cream Cheese Bread has a super moist and creamy texture. A must-bake when strawberries are in season!
It’s strawberry season and one can’t help but pick up a punnet or two of strawberries at the grocery stores. Strawberries are great in smoothies, ice cream, salad, scones, bars, and even in a grilled cheese sandwich. It has been a while since I last made a loaf of bread and so this time round, I decided to make two small loaves of Strawberry Cream Cheese Bread. I am so glad I did.
This is not my first time making strawberry bread but adding cream cheese to it is a first. I really like the texture of this Raspberry Swirl Cream Cheese Pound Cake and so I figured it will work just as nicely in a quick bread. It did and I could not be more happy at the way it turned out. I simply chopped the strawberries before adding them to the batter. They can also be pureed instead, like what I did in these Strawberry Cupcakes. Either way is fine.
The two small loaves worked out nicely for us. We finished one loaf and froze the other for later. It would also make a nice gift for a friend or neighbor. I hope you will give it a try soon while strawberries are still aplenty out there.
Tools Used in Making This Strawberry Cream Cheese Bread
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
- Combine all purpose flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium sized bowl.
- Cream butter, cream cheese, sugar, and salt in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add flour mixture, buttermilk, and chopped strawberries. Stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan(s). Bake for 50 minutes (if using two 7½" x 3¾" x 2¼" loaf pans) to 1 hour (if using one 9"x5" loaf pan), or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. If the top is browning too quickly, place an aluminum foil tent over bread.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove and cool completely on wire rack.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎