Easy bread machine Sweet Potato Yeast Bread with a tender crumb and golden color topped…
This Sweet Potato Pecan Bread was inspired by the fall/autumn favorite, candied sweet potatoes. It is moist, fragrant , and delicious served warm.
One of my favorite side dishes in the fall is Candied Sweet Potatoes. This bread was inspired by that classic autumn favorite. I combined the ingredients used in the dish with a quick bread recipe from my previous post Dates and Zucchini Bread. I was not disappointed with the results. The aroma of caramelized sweet potatoes filled the kitchen when the bread was baking in the oven. I could hardly wait to taste it.
Inspired by a Classic Favorite
This Sweet Potato Pecan Bread had a nice pebbled look with the mashed sweet potatoes and the chopped pecans. It was moist and tender with just the right amount of sweetness. Best served warm in thick slices. I know it is a little early to be thinking of autumn but this delightful bread will probably be at the year-end Thanksgiving table.
Tools Used in Making This Sweet Potato Pecan Bread
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
- Scrub and rinse sweet potato. Prick it all over with a fork. Roast in 350°F (180°C) oven for 45 to 50 minutes. Remove and let cool. Peel and mash well.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, egg, vegetable oil, buttermilk, and sweet potatoes. Add dry mixture to sweet potato mixture. Stir until well combined. Fold in pecans. Spoon batter into loaf pan.
- Bake in a 350°F (180°C) oven for 55 to 60 minutes. Remove and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan and allow it to cool completely.
This moist and delicious quick bread can be served for breakfast, tea time, or dessert. Be sure to make an extra loaf so that everyone can get to savor this wonderful bread inspired by a classic fall favorite. You will not be disappointed.