GF Pumpkin Muffins with Cinnamon Chips and Walnuts

I hope everyone had a good weekend. It was nice and quiet for us. We had the opportunity to sleep in an extra hour on Sunday as Daylight Saving time ended and we moved the clocks back before going to bed. With the days growing shorter and colder, I had changed all the bed covers to flannel and piled on the feather comforters. It was warm and cozy for sleeping in.

But one cannot snuggle in bed for long with an empty stomach. Few things are better than waking up to some delectable spiced pumpkin muffins for breakfast. These are perfect with a cup of hot chocolate, tea or coffee!

I have seen these cinnamon chips at the grocery store and was curious yet hesitant about getting them. My curiosity got the better of me when they appeared in the Pumpkin Muffins made by Cathy of Wives with Knives. Her muffins looked so warm and inviting! As soon as I saw them, I knew instantly that I had to make some real soon. Many thanks Cathy for the inspiration! Perhaps you can make some of these gluten-free ones for your granddaughter. :)

These chips are definitely cinnamony but not overly so. They worked really well in the muffins and I am sure they will be wonderful in quick breads and cookies too. I think they are seasonal as I have not seen them before. Hopefully there will be sufficient for everyone to try them before the season is out.

Before we go on, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your continued support and kind words on my new profile picture here and on Facebook. It is hard to believe that this blog will be two years old come December 31st. Time for a new profile picture, right? Do click on it or the About tab above to get to my About page. Thank you also to all my silent readers and followers who come back post after post, week after week to read my ramblings! ♥♥

Now, let’s get on with the recipe. I changed things up a little and made these muffins gluten-free using a combination of oat flour, tapioca flour, and corn starch. Yes, oat flour is gluten-free but it is best to use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Oat Flour to be absolutely sure that it is not processed in facilities that handle gluten containing grains.

These muffins turned out really well and seem to puff up a little more than my Gluten-Free Banana Blueberry Muffins. I am not sure if using milk gives better results with gluten-free flour or simply because there was just a little more batter with the addition of pumpkin puree. I used milk in this recipe as I did not have any buttermilk on hand.

GF Pumpkin Muffins with Cinnamon Chips and Walnuts

• ¼ cup(60ml) milk
  • ½ tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup (250g) pumpkin puree
  • Mixed-Ins
  • ¾ cup (170g) cinnamon chips
  • ½ cup (65g) walnuts, chopped

Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12 standard size muffin pan with muffin liners. Combine all dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.

In a large bowl, add all wet ingredients. Using a hand whisk, whisk till combined. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Fold in cinnamon chips and walnuts.

Divide batter evenly into lined muffin pan about 2/3 full. Bake for 23 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of muffin comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes.

Transfer muffins to wire rack to cool completely.

Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 8)

1. Hmm, look so yummy, wish to have some of my tea break now.

2. prathibha says:

very delicious muffins…..looks yummmm

3. Biren, Those muffins are so pretty and cute. I don’t mind to have two of these muffins because they are so healthy :)

4. Blackswan says:

Biren, I noticed u like using squash & pumpkin in your cooking. Fantastic, as these aren’t easy ingredients. Kudos to u! Oh, I love those bear-bear muffin cups. Sooooooooo cute!

Fall is my favorite season and I do like all those fall produce like squashes, grapes, and apples. My first time using those silicone bear liners. They are cute!

5. Hi Biren – I’m so happy you enjoyed this muffin recipe. It has become one of my family’s favorite morning treats. I will definitely be trying your gluten free version for my granddaughter. Thank you so much for your nice words and link to my blog.

These muffins are just delicious! My boys really enjoyed them and couldn’t tell they are gluten-free. I hope your granddaughter enjoys them too. Thank you so much for the recipe. I think I’ll have to run to the store to get more of those cinnamon chips before they run out. :)

6. With cinnamon chips? I’ve now got a hankering for these….

7. now why did i not know about cinnamon chips? I have to get some. They are perfect for baked goods. These muffins looks exceptional- so delicious

8. Cheah says:

The muffins look so cute in the teddy bear moulds….like a rounded tummy! Oh, yes, noticed your pretty face in your profile picture.

9. Cinnamon chips? Never had them…those muffins look terrific!

10. Delicious combination. I love the bear cupcake holder :)

11. Lyn says:

These muffins look so delicious and I love your cutie bear muffin cups!
    I’m gonna keep a look-out for those cinnamon chips now! ;)

12. my daughter would go crazy over the bear holders. They are so cute!!

13. Juliana says:

Oh Biren, these muffins look awesome, and I like the idea of cinnamon chips. Beautifully done.
    Hope you have a nice week ahead, and thanks for this yummie recipe :-)

14. These look fantastic! I hadn’t heard of the cinnamon chips but I will definitely try them! Thanks for the tip

15. Would love those muffins anytime of the day! Sounds so tasty!
    Btw, your silicone bear muffin liners are so cute. :)

16. I’ve never seen or heard of cinnamon chips before. How interesting and I can imagine pumpkin muffins will get even better with more option! The bear muffin cups are so cute! I first thought it wouldn’t fit in the baking pan but they all did! =)

17. Anna says:

I am a SAHM too. Cheers! I love the recipes that you post. I am hoping to get hold of this Cinnamon chips that you posted. I am curious on how it will blend with your pumpkin muffin batter. Gonna try this as soon as I can. Thanks for sharing! More power!!!

18. Your muffins looks wonderful! Have not seen the cinnamon chips over here before! Will keep a look out for these! Have a nice delicious week, Biren!

The bear molds are super cute!

20. Victoria says:

Cinnamon chips are a new ingredient to me as well! They do sound perfect in these muffins. I will have to check out my local supermarket and see if they carry them :)

21. Wow, I love pumpkin flavoured things and sounds great with cinnamon chips.

Also, LOVING that bear cupcake mold!!

22. Karthiyayene says:

Mouth- watering muffins…

23. Cynthia says:

It is a pleasure to discover your blog and may I saw how much I love your blog’s name? :)

24. Cinnamon chips?? Oh those look delightful. I’ll have to try these, I adore anything pumpkin!

Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What’s For Dinner

25. Nutmeg Nanny says:

I have not been able to find cinnamon chips anywhere! I keep looking but sadly no :(

26. Reeni says:

The cinnamon chips sound scrumptious here with the pumpkin! Such a nice flavor combo Biren. And I love your teddy bear cupcake tins – so cute!

27. Mina Joshi says:

The Muffins look awesome. Lovely cupcake tins too!!

28. Wow! I have never heard of or seen cinnamon chips, especially by Hershey’s. Your muffins look magnificent, and the parchment paper wrapping is a genius idea!
    I sure would love one…or two right now with my coffee:DDD

29. Oh my goodness! Those teddy bear moulds are just too much! You wouldn’t believe how wide my grin is right now :D The paper muffin moulds look so nostalgic – just like the ones I used to eat when I was much younger. These sound incredibly delicious. I better leave your blog, before I pass out from hunger :P

This is my first time using those teddy bear molds. Even though my boys are past the age for such stuff, I could not help but get them for my own pleasure. :)

30. Ronda Butcher says:

Hello Biren,
    I love your site. I hate to be a pain, but I do have a question. For the recipes that require corn starch, are there any alternatives? My husband can’t have corn and I would love to make these recipes for him.
    Ronda

1. December 17, 2011

[...] a new ingredient for the holiday baking. In fall, I found cinnamon chips and used them in these GF Pumpkin Muffins. I was very pleased when Blogher chose to feature them. You can read about [...]