Easy Fried Rice Noodles (Beehoon) with Broccoli and Chicken. Red onion and carrot provide color and additional flavor. Perfect for lunch or the lunchbox.
This summer we have been spending a lot of time in our new garden. It is a very compact garden but with a little planning we are able to grow all the plants we want. I have already share with you our Raised-Bed Vegetable Garden and it that post I showed you the broccoli we harvested. Today, I am going to show you what I made with the broccoli.
Although we did not get much broccoli out of the six we planted, it was sufficient for one meal. I used them in this quick and easy Fried Rice Noodles. I added chicken for protein. The red onions and carrot provided color and additional flavor. It turned out nicely and we enjoyed it for lunch. Nothing beats super fresh homegrown vegetables cooked and harvested on demand.
Tools Used in Making This Fried Rice Noodles
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
14 inch Carbon Steel Wok w/ 2 Steel Handles (flat bottom)
Stainless Steel Professional Wok Turner Spatula
5 Pairs Kitchen Bamboo Cooking Non Slip Chopsticks, 13 Inch
Fried Rice Noodles with Broccoli and Chicken
provide color and additional flavor. Perfect for lunch or the lunchbox.
- 8 oz rice noodles (beehoon) (225g)
- 8 oz chicken breast (cut into strips) (225g)
- 1 tbsp Shao Hsing cooking wine
- 3 tbsp soy sauce (divided)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium carrot (julienned)
- 10.5 oz broccoli (cut into florets) (300g)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp fried shallots (for garnishing)
- Pickled green chilies (optional)
- Soak rice noodles (beehoofor 30 minutes. Drain. Combine chicken, Shao Hsing rice wine, soy sauce, and a dash of pepper in a bowl. Mix well.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a wok. Stir fry red onion, carrot, and broccoli for 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoon vegetable oil to the wok. Saute garlic for 30 seconds. Add chicken and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add rice noodles, fish sauce and remaining 2 tablespoon soy sauce. Stir to get everything well mixed. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Return cooked vegetables to the wok. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to get everything well mixed, about 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off stove.
- Serve immediately with fried shallots and pickled green chilies.
Fried shallots is a good garnish to have on hand. Homemade is of course the best and you can find my video tutorial here –> Fried Shallots. I also served this noodles with Pickled Green Chilies which I always have a jar in my refrigerator.
Leave a Reply