Crystallized Ginger Soy Smoothie with pear, matcha, crystallized ginger, soy yogurt, and soy milk. It…
These grilled or roasted Ginger Soy Chicken Wings are always popular. The simple and tasty marinade can also be used on other meats and seafood.
The weather has been really nice these past few days. It is bright and sunny and temperatures will continue to be in the low 70’s through the weekend. Spring is definitely in the air as the crocuses, daffodils, and irises are already peaking out from the ground. Ro-Jiro went for a jog after school today and our neighbor did some grilling out on the deck. One can feel the neighborhood emerging from winter hibernation.
As we transition into warmer weather, I think of salads and grilled foods. I grabbed a couple of bags of chicken wings on sale at the grocery store. Though wings are not something I buy often, they would be a nice change from the other meatier parts. Besides, I know the boys will enjoy them.
Tried and Tested Ginger Soy Marinade
I used a simple ginger soy marinade that has been around ever since I can remember. This marinade was and is still used on most meats from chicken and pork to shrimps and squids. We did not have bottled barbecue sauce back in the “old” days. This time, I reduced the sugar but feel free to add more if you prefer. I roasted these Ginger Soy Chicken Wings in the oven.
Products Used in Making These Ginger Soy Chicken Wings
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken wings. Place them in a large container.
- Add soy sauce, sugar, salt and pepper. Grate ginger using a microplane over the wings. Get everything well mixed.
- Transfer wings and marinade to a large Ziploc bag. Seal bag and squeeze out as much air from bag as possible. Leave in the fridge for 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place wings on a broiling rack and roast for 45 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately with sweet chili sauce.
Sweet Chili Sauce
Sweet chili sauce is very popular in Malaysia and Singapore. People prefer them to ketchup and most fast food chains like Kentucky and MacDonald’s have them. My favorite brand of sweet chili sauce is Lingham’s Hot Sauce made in Malaysia. They come in several flavors – ginger, garlic, Thai, mild, sweet & spicy. You can find this hot sauce in specialty grocery stores here or buy it on-line.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎