Delectable sesame seeded Honey Chicken Buns filled with honey and ginger flavored chicken. They are perfect for a snack or light lunch.
These delectable Honey Chicken Buns are perfect for a snack or a light lunch. They will transport well for picnics or a day out to the park. I have paired them with fragrant jasmine pearl for a light afternoon tea.
Honey Chicken Buns
- Pour milk into bread machine pan. Sprinkle flour over milk. Add salt, sugar, and butter in separate corners of the bread pan. Make a shallow indentation in the center of the flour and add yeast. Set bread machine to dough setting and press start.
- To make filling, mix chicken, soy sauce, and honey in a bowl. Grate ginger over chicken. Mix well and let marinade for 30 minutes.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan. Sauté garlic until fragrant. Add marinated chicken. Cook for about 5 to 6 minutes. Mix in green onions. Remove and set aside to cool.
- When dough cycle has completed, remove dough and place on a lightly floured surface. Punch down gently and cut into 8 pieces. Roll each piece into a 5 inch round. Divide filling among the rounds of dough. Gather the sides to cover the filling and pinch the sides to seal. Place buns seam side down on a baking sheet. Let buns rise for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Brush tops of buns with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until buns are golden brown.
Jasmine tea is a classic scented tea mainly produced in the Fujian Province, China and Taiwan. The sweet smelling jasmine blossoms are piled next to the green or oolong tea for it to absorb the jasmine scent. For superior grades, this is done several times. The blossoms are then removed or mixed in to give an attractive appearance. Jasmine Pearls are beautifully bound with some jasmine flowers. It has a wonderful scent and a fine flavor.
It is a light and refreshing tea that can be taken alone or with savory foods. It has a pale golden liquor.
Jasmine pearls should be steeped for 2 to 3 minutes in about 160˚F to 170˚F water. Use about 12 pearls per cup of tea. The pearls unfurl after being steeped. Superior quality jasmine pearls may be steeped a second time.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎