Homemade Baked Potato Chips flavored with salt, pepper, and thyme. Conventional potatoes may be used…
We all need to have one or two dishes to fall back on when given short notice of a pot-luck, gathering, or party. These quick and easy potato croquettes are just the thing as they can be made with pantry staples. I like to assemble them the night before and pop them in the oven 30 minutes prior to leaving the house. Of course deep frying is an option but I much prefer to stay cool and feel fresh for the event.
Croquettes make great finger food though they are not fancy or glamorous. Watch them disappear at a party. They are also a mainstay in the bento or lunchbox. Minced meat or vegetables may be used in place of tuna fish. By all means make your own mashed potatoes if you prefer. I do that too sometimes but hey, a girl needs a break once in a while! 🙂
I am excited to share with you that Roti n Rice has partnered with Ziplist to make the recipes on this blog even more useful to you. I have added a Save Recipe button so that you can save your favorite recipes to your on-line recipe box at Ziplist. When you do that the ingredients for that recipe will be added to your on-line grocery shopping list which you can access via your phone. Never miss an ingredient again! You can sign up for a free account with Ziplist here. I hope you find this feature useful.
Currently a third of my recipes have been converted. Please bear with me as I work to get the other two thirds done.
Baked Potato and Tuna Croquettes
- 2 pouches (6.6oz/187g) instant mashed potatoes, any flavor
- 2 cups (480ml) water
- 1 cup (240ml) milk
- 2 tbsp (28g) butter
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion , chopped
- 1 can (5oz/142g) chunk tuna* in water, drained
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup rice cereals , finely crushed or processed
- Bring water in a medium sized saucepan to a boil. Add milk and butter. Turn off heat and stir in both pouches of potato flakes until well blended. Set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a small saucepan. Sauté onions till soft and translucent. Add tuna, salt, and pepper. Give it a stir and turn off heat. Transfer to pot with mashed potatoes and mix till well combined.
- Place crushed rice cereals in a shallow bowl. When mashed potatoes mixture is cool enough to handle, shape into cylinders. Roll in rice cereals and place on a non-stick baking pan.
- Bake** in 350°F (180°C) oven for 30 minutes. Remove and serve immediately.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 8)