Healthy and delicious Fettuccini with Kale, Chickpeas, and Tomatoes lightly flavored with garlic, pepper flakes, and lemon juice.
As the school year starts winding down, days are fraught with exams and academic year-end activities. Weeknights are reserved for revision, homework, and music practice. Weekends are filled with recitals, fund-raisers, and graduation parties. With all these activities going on, one-pot meals are quick and attractive options so that everyone can have dinner and move on with their activities. However, the dish must still be balanced and healthy and kale is as healthy a vegetable as they come.
Kale finally made its way to our dining table with the introduction of Caldo Verde last summer. The family loves this Portuguese green soup with its spicy sausage, potatoes, and brightly colored kale. I made this soup twice in the past week and had to add in extra kale to satisfy everyone. Since it is only 99 cents a bunch at the stores right now, it is a good time to incorporate this nutritious and attractive vegetable into other dishes. This vegetarian pasta dish is packed with protein, antioxidants, vitamins A, C, and K, and dietary fiber. This healthful Fettuccini with Kale, Chickpeas, and Tomatoes is delicious, colorful, and attractive to boot! Best of all, it can be prepared in under 30 minutes!
- Boil pasta in lightly salted water for 8 to 10 minutes or according to packaging instruction.
- While pasta is boiling, heat a large pan with olive oil. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté till garlic turns translucent.
- Add kale and chickpeas, followed by tomatoes. Cook until kale is wilted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain pasta and add it to the pan. Season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Turn off heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Serve immediately.
We enjoyed this Fettuccini with Kale, Chickpeas, and Tomatoes very much. I think you will too. Do give it a try.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎