These simple and tasty Roasted Cherry Tomatoes are a great way to enjoy the abundance…
Quick and easy Pasta with Fresh Herbs, Sausage, and Tomatoes perfect for busy weeknights. Dinner can be ready in less than 30 minutes.
If you are a mom, I know you can relate to this. Clearing out the refrigerator is a task we try to accomplish before leaving on vacation. Most of the time this can be achieved with relative ease. It is coming home to an empty refrigerator that is daunting, especially when you have three hungry men to feed and you do not feel like dashing out to the grocery store. Thankfully, today we have the convenience of dried noodles, packaged sausages, and in my case, Our Vegetable Garden. 🙂
Pantry and Refrigerator Staples
I always have a good supply of dried noodles and pasta in the pantry. Together with some fresh herbs from the garden, a package of unopened Polish sausages, and some cherry tomatoes we could not finish before leaving for Quebec, I was able to whip up this Pasta with Fresh Herbs, Sausage, and Tomatoes in less than 30 minutes. The men were happy and I felt accomplished.
It was a good thing we set up a timed sprinkler to water the vegetable garden. These potted herbs were transferred there to be watered as well. That sprinkler did a great job as we were rewarded with a nice crop of sugar snap peas and the herbs remain crisp and fresh. For pictures and updates, please hop over to Our Vegetable Garden post.
My favorite herbs are basil and thyme. I planted three varieties of basil (spicy globe, cinnamon, and Siam queen) and 2 types of thyme (regular and golden). Most people would use sweet basil for pasta but since I do not have that, I decided to go with the spicy globe basil and golden thyme for this dish because they look good. Please use whichever kind you prefer or have on hand. It should work.
I hope you will give this quick and easy recipe a try. It is perfect for busy weeknights. We enjoyed it very much and I know you will too.
Similar Tools Used in Making This Pasta with Fresh Herbs, Sausage, and Tomatoes
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
- 1 lb spaghetti (450g)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Polish sausage (sliced into coins)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 24 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 tsp thyme (coarsely chopped)
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Boil spaghetti in lightly salted water until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes or according to packaging instruction.
- While pasta is boiling, heat extra virgin olive oil in a large pan. Fry sausages for 3 to 4 minutes until lightly browned. Add garlic. Stir fry 30 seconds.
- Then add cherry tomatoes and thyme. Stir for another minute.
- Drain spaghetti, reserving ½ cup (120ml) liquid. Add spaghetti, basil, reserved liquid, salt, and pepper to the pan. Toss to coat pasta with sauce. Turn off stove.
- Transfer to plates and serve immediately.
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day! 😎