12 Days of Christmas Cookies with traditional shortbread, gingerbread, checkerboard, linzer, sweet salty, gluten free, egg free, and sugar cookies.
Baking cookies can be a fun activity for family and friends in the month of December. Even if you are not into full scale cooking, baking is a must because there is nothing like the aroma of freshly baked cookies to ring in the holidays. Cookies, accompanied by mugs of Hot Chocolate will surely put you in the mood for Christmas.
In this 12 Days of Christmas Cookies compilation are some of my favorite cookies for the holidays. There are shortbread, gingerbread, checkerboard, linzer, sweet salty, sugar, and even a savory cookie for your holiday baking. Many are egg free and some have gluten free options.
I hope you get to try out all 12 recipes during this run-up to the holidays. Each recipe has affiliate links to tools and ingredients used so that you can easily get everything you need. Listed below are some common baking tools that I have in my kitchen and use all the time.
Tools Used in Making 12 Days of Christmas Cookies
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
• Hamilton Beach Power Deluxe Hand Mixer
• Stainless Steel 5 Inch Fine Mesh Flour Sifter
• Cuisipro Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Spoon Set
• AirBake Nonstick 2 Pack Cookie Sheet Set, 14in x 12in and 16in x 14in
• Kitchenatics 100% Stainless Steel Wire Cooling and Roasting Rack
My Favorite Cookie Stamps, Cutters, and Molds
• Cookie Stamp Gingerbread Man
• Cookie Stamp Snowflake
• Merry Christmas Cookie Stamp
• Fox Run 3605 Linzer Cookie Cutter Set, Stainless Steel, 6-Piece
• Wilton Christmas Cookie Shapes Pan
• Christmas / Holiday Cookie Cutter Set – 5 Piece
• Christmas Cookie Stamps Set, 6 Stamps, 1 Round Cookie Cutter, 1 Wooden Press
More Cookie Recipes
• Cashew Nut Cookies
• Chocolate Chip Cookies
• Coconut Pecan Cookies
• Lavender Almond Cookies
• Orange Pecan Cookies
• Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
• Soft Chewy M&M Cookies
• Sour Cream Cookies with Mangoes and Pistachios
Cookies as Gifts
Cookies in beautiful tins and boxes also make great gifts during the holiday season. I made five batches of cookies totaling 160 pieces in all to fill 10 boxes. Molded cookies take a little longer to prepare but drop cookies can be made in 30 minutes. It took me about 5 to 6 hours to prepare, bake, and wash up which I thought was pretty good. It was time well spent. 🙂